Farah El Dibany, Mezzo-soprano
• Born in Alexandria, Egypt in February 1989, Farrah started piano lessons at the age of 10.
• Started voice lessons with Dr. Neveen Allouba in 2003 in Egypt, which she pursued at the Hanns- Eisler Music Academy in Berlin. There she joined the class of Prof. Renate Faltin , then Prof. Janet Williams. In 2014 she obtained the Bachelor of Arts in Opera from the Hanns-Eisler. Simultaneously she pursued her studies of Architecture at the Technische Universität of Berlin, graduating with a Bachelor of Science. In 2016 Farrah obtained her Master of Arts from the Universität der Künste Berlin, studying with KS Markus Brück. She is a frequent student of Opera star Elina Garanca.
• Student of the German School in Alexandira, graduated in 2007, she was able to participate in all musical activities of the school and to join the “Jugend Musiziert” competitions in Athens, Rome, Thessaloniki, Istanbul and Germany, where she has won various first and second prizes.
• In 2007, she received the first prize of the Singing Competition of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Culture.
• Oktober 2013 she received the 3rd prize at the international Singing Competition of “Guilio Perotti” in Germany.
• She sang the Alto Solo in Pergolesi's “Stabat Mater”, Beethovens Chorfantasie &9th Symphonie, Vivaldi's Magnificat, Hayden's “Heiligmesse” and Mozart's “Requiem”.
• Participated in the Recording of Sherif Mohie El Dins Oratorio “The Book of the Dead” taken from the original Pharaonic Verses, sung in the Hieroglyphic Language.
• Since 2011 she has been a student of the world famous singer Julia Varady. She also participated at several Master Classes with Sondra Rodvanofsky, David Jones, Horiana Branistenau, Lorraine Disimone, Ildar Abdrazakov, Luciana D’intino, Ann Murray, Raina Kabaivanska and Tom Krause, from which she won a scholarship to attend a master class with Tom Krause in Finland in July 2009, where she sang at the Savonnlina Opera Festival.
• Has performed in various european cities i.e Athens, Rome and in Berlin where she took part in various performances at the Music Academy. There she sang in Haendels “Xerxes” Amastre, Martha in Iolanta of Tchaikovsky, Orfeo of Gluck's Orfeo edEuridice at Villa Elisabeth in Berlin, Orlofsky in J.Strauss Die Fledermaus.
• She has performed in all major venues in Cairo and Alexandria , giving her Debut at the Cairo Opera House in 2003 with the Cairo Opera Company in the french Opera “ Lakme” by Delibes, where she sang Mrs. Bentson in a joint production of the Opera House Saint Etienne at the Cairo Opera House directed by Jean louis Pichon.
• In 2011 she performed the 2nd Dame in Mozarts “Zauberflöte, first time in egyptian arabic, at the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, conducted by the italian Conductor David Crescenzi.
• 2013 she sang the Role of Cornelia of Haendel's Opera “Cesare in Egitto” at the Cairo Opera House, conducted by Ahmed el Saedi.
• 2014 she performed Dido of Purcells “Dido and Aeneas” twice, first at Radialsystem in Berlin then at the Marburger Schlossfestspiele directed by Musica Europa, followed byRamiro of Mozarts “La finta giardiniera” at the Hochschule fuer Musik Hanns-Eisler Berlin.
• 2015 she staged the Role of Carmen in Bizets Opera Carmen at the Neukoellner Oper in Berlin. Her Performance was enthusiastically acclaimed by Audience and Press, in Udo Badelts( TAGESSPIEGEL) words “vocally sensational, being the Peek of the evening Farrah is a voluminous Mezzo, burgundy, smoky timbre, oriental, mystic, dalidaesk.”and according to BERLINER ZEITUNG“ an adaptable wonderful velvety powerful Mezzosoprano Same year she has been nominated by one of the critics in the critics Survey in the Yearbook of the “Opernwelt” Magazine as the best Upcoming Young Opera Singer of the Year for her outstanding Performance as “. Carmen” in Bizet’s Opera Carmen at the Neukoellner Oper Berlin.
• Recently she was chosen to be one of the Jury Members of the german Music Competition” Jugend Musiziert” at the National Round of the eastern Mediterranean Region and at the final rounds “Bundeswettbewerb “in Germany.
• 2016 she performed the Role of Pythia in Aribert Reimanns Opera “Melusine” with the Brandenburger Symphoniker with A.Reimann himself attending the Performance.
• Since September 2016 she is a resident Artist of the Académie de l’Opéra Nationale de Paris.
• Since her Residency at the Academie Farrah was Kate Julian in Benjamin Britten’s Opera Owen Wingrave, Süsse Mädl in Ph. Boesmanns Opera Reigen at the Amphitheatre of Opera Bastille, Beatrice in Berlioz Opera Beatrice et Benedict and Charlotte in Massenets Opera Werther at the annual Gala Concert with the Orchestra of the Opera of Paris at Opera Garnier. And she sang the titleroles in extracts of Samson et Dalilah and Carmen at the AROP annual concert at Opera Garnier. She also represented the Opera of Paris at the Vernissage of the French Pavillon at the Biennale dell’arte 2017 in Venice, being part of the Project of renowned Artist Xavier Veilhan. Farrah sang the alto voice and main role in David Lang’s “ The little matchgirl Passion” a Opera Garnier, working with the Opera’s Ballet company and choreographed by Simone Valastro. She also shared the stage with Starviolinist Renaud Capucon.
• Recently in summer 2017 Farrah won the Competition of the Kammeroper Schloss Rheinsberg in Germany, which gave her the opportunity to sing the role of Carmen in Bizet’s Opera, in French, with Orchestra at the Summer festival of Rheinsberg, directed by Giorgio Madia and conducted by Aurelien Bello.
• In February 2018 a Trailer celebrating the Partnership of the Opera de Paris and Devialet featuring Farrah as the main Character and Voice in it, was released.
• Farrah received the Bayreuter Festival Grant 2018 for young upcoming singers.
• In her last season as a young artist of the Paris Opera she sang Rossini’s Desdemona of Otello at the Amphitheatre of Opera Bastille, she was the cover of the role of Anna in Berlioz Les Troyens in Opera Bastille and performed Orlofsky in J.Strauss Die Fledermaus in a tournée all over France.
• 2019 Farrah received the prestigious Opera award “Prix Lyrique 2019 de l’AROP ( Association pour le Rayonnement de l’opera de Paris) “for the best upcoming young Opera singer of the Paris Opera. She is the first Egyptian and Arab to ever receive thisAward.
• July 2019 Farrah performed another Carmen at the Opera Festival of Glatt accompanied by the southwest german philharmonic Orchestra of Konstanz.
• Farrah has been recently honored at the National Youth Forum by the Egyptian president Abd El Fattah Al Sisi and was the first ever to receive the prestigious Hassan Kamy Award at the Manial Palace Festival, given by Prince Abbas Helmy and renowned Pianist Ramzy Yassa.
• Farrah gives regular concerts in Europe and the Middle East, in addition to opera arias and songs, she sings a number of Dalida songs until recently she has performed 2 successful concerts with only Dalida songs, accompanied by les chordes croisées, at the Hall de la chanson in Paris. She is mentioned in a newly released book about Dalida as a unique Dalida successor.
• Farrah works tightly with UNHCR, UNICEF, Savethechildren and the UN foundation by giving charity concerts and by participating, in their diverse campains, as a leading Artist in her domain, especially in the Middle East, in support of their missions.
• Recent engagements canceled due to COVID include singing the role of Mme Dangeville in Adriana Lecouvreur alongside Opera star Anna Netrebko at the Paris Opera House and she was invited as one of the Upcoming Artists to sing at the “soirée Academie” with Saskia de Ville at France Musique.
• France musique released a portrait about Farrah as part of their Interview series with upcoming Arists.
• Farrah participated at this year’s Sochi Winter International Festival in collaboration with Opera forPeace in an orchestral Gala concert. She is also the face and voice in a collaborative Ad between the Paris Opera house and Devialet,being released this month.
• She recently participated at an online concert singing excerpts from Carmen and Sapho by Gounod at Opera Massy. She gave 2 gala concerts with her newly put together western/ oriental orchestra at the Cairo Opera house and the French institute of Alexandria, introducing famous opera arias and songs in a new arrangement.
• Farrah just collaborated with the Institut du Monde Arabe on their accalaimed Exhibition “ Les Divas arabes” by filming and recording songs by 3 of the Arab world’s most famous divas, Dalida, Fayrouz and Asmahan. And she was chosen by Jack Lang to sing in front of the French President Emmanuel Macron, Hillary Clinton, Audrey Azoulay and UN Secretary General Antonio Guterrez at the opening evening of the forum “generation equality”.
• Upcoming concerts includes recitals at the Dubai Opera, the Beirut chants festival, the UNISSON concert solidaire at the Opera Comique in Paris, Salle du Senechal in Toulouse, Institut Giacometti in collaboration with the Academie de l’opera de Paris and a concert collaboration with Bechstein company in Berlin. She was also part of the Fête de la chanson orientale TV concert presented on France 2 and TV5 Monde this September. Director Carole Grigy is currently writing a semi fiction movie about the cultural relation between Egypt and France titled “Farrah l’Egyptienne” starring Farrah and to be shown on the French Tv.
Mina Nabil Hanna, Piano
Studied piano at age seven with Mr. Nabil Agaybi and Mme. Ingy Badawi. He got a Diploma of Piano performance from ABRSM in 2012. Participated in many Piano Masterclasses and courses like Sherborne music school, studying with renowned artists like Johanna Horny-Neumann, Julian Jacobson and Nigel Hutchison.
He is currently studying with Michael Pandya.
As a collaborative pianist, Mina performs nationally as well as internationally in Greece, Italy, Turkey and Germany and Bahrain, working with Singers like Amira Selim, Nouresta El Merghany and Farrah El Dibany.
He accompanies regularly Professor Dr. Sobhi Bidair’s Opera training course at Cairo Opera House, Amira Selim Masterclasses in Egypt, the American University in Cairo vocal studios, Fabrica Musical Theater, and Bibliotheca Alexandrina Choir.
Abiding with the COVID-19 safety measures, limited seats are available.
Book your ticket in advance.
© 2021 by Beirut Chants Festival. All Rights Reserved.
Designed & Developed by Online City Consultancy.