Harout Fazlian, Conductor
* Bachelor’s degrees in Orchestra Conducting from McGill University, Montreal - Canada.
* Master’s degree with Honors in Symphony and Opera Conducting from Yerevan – Armenia.
* PhD degree in Music Education from Yerevan - Armenia.
* In 1992 appointed as Assistant Conductor to the Yerevan Symphony Orchestra
* 1993 he participated in the International Conductor’s Competition of Czech Music and won Second Prize. He was also presented with a Special Jury Prize for Best Interpretation of Dvořak’s“Carnival Overture” and Symphony No. 8.
* Upon its foundation in 1999, appointed Principal Conductor of the Lebanese Philharmonic Orchestra.
* His conducting career has seen him conduct concert in more than 25 countries around the world.
* Because of his knowledge and influence of Arabic, Classical and Pop Music, Harout Fazlian is asought after conductor and arranger in the Gulf Region. He has performed in Dubai, Abu Dhabi,Sharjah, Manama - Bahrain, Muscat – Oman, Jeddah - Saudi Arabia, Doha – Qatar.
* Translated into Arabic, Mozart’s Opera “Bastien and Bastienne”. Being his original idea, headapted the translated text into the score and conducted the World Premiere with the Lebanese National Symphony Orchestra with an all Lebanese cast.
* Commissioned by the Cultural Authority of Abu Dhabi, UAE, conducted his newly arranged complete version of Rimski-Korasakov’s “Scheherazade” in the Assilah Art Festival in Morocco.In his new concept, Fazlian incorporated traditional Middle Eastern Instruments alongside Western Classical Instrument, achieving new colors and tones.
* Since the year 2000, Harout Fazlian has been the Principal Conductor for the great Lebanese singer Julia Boutros and the Lebanese Diva Fairouz.
* He has conducted concerts in all of the major festivals in Lebanon, Baalbeck International Festival, Beiteddine Art Festival, Byblos International Festival pioneering in conducting live orchestras to musical plays and musical dance plays.
* In 2017 & amp; 2018, conducted the annual Christmas Concert at the Lebanese Presidential Palace, in the presence of President Aoun and the First Lady. Also in 2018 he conducted the “Event of the Year” concerts for Julia Boutros in Tyr, Lebanon, in front of 25,000 Spectators.
* In December 2015, Harout Fazlian was honored by the French Ministry of Culture with the medal of “Officer in the Order of the Arts and Letters”.
1. Armenian Folk Miniatures - Komitas / Aslamazian
2. Shushanik - Mirzoyan
3. Khachaturiana - Kachaturian / Altounian
© 2019 by Beirut Chants Festival. All Rights Reserved.
Designed & Developed by Online City Consultancy.